562855_468x60 Temptu.com GET GORGEOUS banner
September 19, 2012

"The Voice" Blind Auditions Night-Left Blake Empty-Handed

As the blind auditions returned last night the judges were more selective as to who they pushed their buttons for. “You're not gonna push your buttons unless you really endorse what's happening,” said Adam.

The first singer of the night was young Collin McLoughlin. “I’ve sacrificed everything for music, abandoned a professional degree in grad school, moved home,” said  McLoughlin. Without approval from his parents on his career choice, McLoughlin knew he had to make it on the show. 

The aspiring artist sang his rendition of "Wild World." Adam pushed his button halfway through the melody and nodded his head in approval when he saw McLoughlin. "You're one of the purest singers I've ever heard on the show ever," said Adam. One more for team Adam as the night began.

Mcloughlin‘s mother commented, “what it taught me is if you really believe in something you'll find the right way to get it.”

Born with neurological deficiencies, Joselyn Rivera wasn’t even able to speak by the age of five. The girl’s doctor prescribed music, so the young Rivera started out on Barbie karaoke. “I just blossomed after that,” said Rivera.

She came onto the stage with the song "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)."  When she hit the high notes, Christina couldn't help but push her button. Leaving good friends Blake and Christina to battle it out for her to be on their teams. However, Christina hadn’t seen Blake push his button.  “You've got it,” said Christina.

“I've been singing since i was four,” chimed in Rivera.  “Ding ding ding!”  laughed Christina who had started singing at that age as well.

Christina didn't know Blake pushed his button and said, "And I thought you were already on my team!" "I love having diversity on my team and there's a spot for you for sure,” pleaded Christina.

“Christina has been known to be abusive,” teased Blake. Christina took it all in stride as they are good friends. “Gonna have to go with Christina,” said Rivera. "You're great so, so great,” praised Christina. “She's been my inspiration since I was four,” said Rivera.

"It's not about you and me this year Adam it's about me and Blake,” laughed Christina.

Benji, singing  "Knocking on Heaven's Door" got Cee Lo twisting and squirming in his chair causing Christina and Blake to break down into laughter. "You have a scream that should be heard by the entire world,” said Adam. “I think you could wind up winning this thing. I can't promise that but I can promise you I'll do my best.” 

“Honestly you kind of sounded like you had a little bit of Adam in you,” said Christina.  Benji’s choice was somewhat obvious when he picked Adam.


Cutie pie Mycle Wastman singing a beautiful raspy soulful rendition of "Let's Stay Together" received a standing ovation from the judges. "What's happenin' soul brother?”  said Cee Lo.

"You got the whole spectrum. I’m most excited about you than anyone else today. Let me love you,” screamed Cee Lo fighting for the man to be on his team. Wastman did go with team Cee Lo.

"I'm feeling a little bit losery when it comes to the number of button pushes and team members that I have so far. I think I need to get a little more cutthroat at this point,” said Blake.

Watch next week to see what Blake may do to score some more team members. Check out “The Voice” next week at 8/7 central Monday and Tuesday on NBC.

0 comments:

Subscribe to The Voice

Search For Teams

Search For Teams

Follow TheVoiceFanz on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

Facebook Fan Page
"Like Us" on Facebook

Followers

Powered by Blogger.